Rules and Regulations
1. The Competition is open to musicians worldwide.
2. Application deadline is 30 April 2019. (Deadline extended to 11 May 2019)
3. Each competitor may take part in no more than 1 Solo Category, 1 Ensemble Category and 1 Orchestra Category.
4. Repertoire Guidelines：
Competitors must not exceed the stated time limit (according to the category applied for) stage presence time;
Competitors must submit 5 copies of their choice music together with the application form to be used during the adjudication. Competitors should adhere to all copyrights’ regulations;
All copies of sheet music will be destroyed and not returned to the Competitor at the end of the Competition;
Competitors who have been awarded 1st place in each category are not allowed to play repeated piece from the 1st Nanyang International Music Competition 2017;
All choice pieces information must filled in upon online application form submission. Should you require to amend the repertoire, please email to by 9 June 2019.
5. The Organisers reserve the right to impose a penalty of 5% deduction on the final marks if any of the rules are not adhered to.
6. Competitors are not allowed to meet up with adjudicators during the course of the competition. Non-compliance will result in the competitor being removed from the Competition and forfeiting all awards and cash prizes.
7. The order of appearance in the Competition is decided in draw sessions prior to the Competition. The order decided at these sessions will be observed throughout the Competition. The Organisers reserve the right to make changes or cancellations to the competition order and dates, as well as any of the events that happen throughout the Competition.
8. The Organisers reserve the right to record all the proceedings of the Competition and related activities for sales, broadcast and promotional purposes without the consent of the participant nor will any payment be made to the participant. The Organisers retain all rights to the recorded materials.
9. Unauthorized photography, video and audio recordings are NOT allowed during the Competition. The Organisers reserve the right to delete any unauthorised recordings and may request offenders to leave the competition venue.
10. The competitor’s submission of his/her Competition application will be tantamount to the applicant’s acceptance of the Rules.
11. As there are limited places in the Competition, acceptance will be on a first-come-first-serve basis upon audition. Category with less than 5 competitors or groups will be cancelled.
12. The decisions of the Organisers and judges are final. No appeals will be allowed.
Prize and Awards
1. Adjudicators will evaluate each competitor based on 100-point scale and the final score will be averaged, up to 2 decimal points.
2. All successful applicants will receive a Certificate of Performance based on marks scored.
Gold : 90% and above;
Silver: 80% - 89.99%;
Bronze: 65% - 79.99%;
Participation: 64.99 Marks and below
3. The jury panel will allocate the following competition slots to the semi-finalists:
Category D1专业重奏组: Top 30 ensembles；
Category D2非专业重奏组: Top 25 ensembles；
Category E1乐队公开组: Top 10 orchestras；
Category E2乐队青年组: Top 10 orchestras；
Category E3乐队少年组: Top 10 orchestras.
4. Finalists from Category D1will be awarded 1st, 2nd and 3rd place (regardless of instrument) and the following prizes:：
5. The Organizers reserve the right to revoke all awards and cash prizes of competitors who breach the rules and regulations of the Competition.
List of Provided Instruments
1. Please visit www.nimc.sg/register to apply.
2. The following details are needed for the online application:
Letter of Recommendation – for competitors who are currently enrolled as a student in a music school and will be representing their school in the Competition only;
Musician List, please download the template from here;
Short Biographical Note, maximum 300 words;
Bank card for application fees payment.
3. Successful applicants should post the 5 copies of choice music to be used during the adjudication to the following address:
Rave Group Int’l Pte Ltd
28 Genting Lane #08-06
All music posted should be clearly labelled with ensemble’s or orchestra’s full name and category competing in.
4. The Organizers will release the list of accepted applicants online on 20 May 2019 via NIMC website (www.nimc.sg). All participation fees for successful applicants must be paid before 10 June 2019 to the bank account listed on the invoice in order to secure their competition eligibility.
5. Incomplete submission of documents and non-payment of application fees may result in rejection of the application.
6. All Application and Participation Fees are not refundable nor transferable.
7. Ensembles or orchestras residing in Singapore, please contact the organiser via firstname.lastname@example.org.